- Marijuana cream is an excellent choice not only to moisturize the skin but also as a therapeutic ointment.
- Several studies suggest that cannabinoids have important antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that can relieve various types of diseases and ailments.
- Sometimes, it may be difficult or expensive to get hold of a cream that really contains cannabinoid in its composition, so today we suggest that you make your own cannabis cream at home in a simple and economical manner. Are you ready?
What are the benefits of cannabis cream?
- Anti-inflammatory: Scientific studies show that both THC and CBD have anti-inflammatory properties that could be beneficial for the treatment of some skin diseases. (1)
- Antibacterial: Cannabinoid acids D9-THC, CBD, CBN, CBC and CBG have important antifungal and antibiotic properties.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory disease characterised in part by keratinocyte hyper-proliferation. D9-THCA, CBD and CBN inhibit this proliferation. (3)
How to make cream of marijuana?
Although there is not a single way to make your own cream, we propose a simple and economical method to do so. Since it has been demonstrated that CBD has important medicinal properties, we recommend using a variety rich in CBD. Let's go for it!
- 1 cup of Purple Orange CBD buds (10 grams approx.)
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 30 grams of beeswax
- Lavender essential oil (or any other oil to your taste with aromatic properties)
To prepare your cannabis cream you will need
- A baking dish
- A dipper
- A jar
- A spatula
- A gauze
Let's begin ...
- The first thing to do is to decarboxylate the cannabis, as we have already discussed in this article. Decarboxylation is the process through which D9-THCA, which produces no psychoactive effect, becomes D9-THC. To do this, set the oven to120 degrees Celsius, place the flowers of cannabis in it and let them sit for 20 minutes.
- While the marijuana is in the oven, pour coconut oil in a saucepan and bring it to simmer.
- After 10 minutes, when the cannabis flowers are ready, take them out of the oven and add them to the pot with the coconut oil. Mix it all by using a spatula and let it cook on low heat for 20 minutes; thus, cannabis will gradually mix with the coconut oil.
- After 20 minutes, remove the mixture from the heat and strain it with the gauze, this will avoid any woody parts in your cannabis cream.
- Pour the final result in the glass jar.
- Add one part of beeswax per 5 parts cannabis oil, heat it all together in the pan while mixing it well with the spatula.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the lavender essential oil to give it that special aromatic touch.
1- Thomas Tüting, MD, Laboratory of Experimental Dermatology, Department of Dermatology and Allergy, University Hospital of the Friedrich-Wilhelm-University Bonn, 53105 Bonn, Germany.
2- Zzo, A et al. (2009) Non-psychotropic plant cannabinoids: new therapeutic opportunities from an ancient herb. Trends in Pharmacological Sciences. 730, 1-13
3- Wilkinson, J.D. and Williamson, E.M. (2007) Cannabinoids inhibit human keratinocyte proliferation through a non-CB1/CB2 mechanism and have a potential therapeutic value in the treatment of psoriasis. J. Dermatol. Sci. 45, 87–92.