- Numerous studies have shown that CBD has therapeutic properties that are effective for the treatment of certain diseases.
- Cannabis olive oil can be a good alternative for those who want to benefit from the medicinal qualities of cannabis but prefer to avoid combustion.
- As this oil can be consumed through ingestion or topically, depending on the needs or preferences of the user.
Olive oil, just like almond oil, is an excellent solvent that allows extracting and preserving the resin present in the trichomes, which is loaded with cannabinoids. Another potential benefit of this method is that it leaves no chemical residues in the final product, unlike other extraction methods.
To develop cannabis oil rich in quality CBD there are a number of factors you should consider:
- Quality of the raw material: the cannabis from which you are going to make the oil has to be of high quality and free of chemicals or toxic products that could harm your health. To do this we recommend that cannabis flowers come from organic cultivation, free of pesticides or chemical fertilisers.
- Oil and storage: We recommend using first-pressing organic virgin olive oil and keeping the final product in small glass containers.
- CBD rich varieties: to benefit from the therapeutic properties of CBD you should choose strains containing this cannabinoid. We recommend you:
- Purple Orange CBD with a ratio 1:2, THC: CBD 5% to 10%
- OG Kush CBD with a ratio 1:1, 10% THC and CBD 10%
What properties does the CBD have?
The therapeutic benefits of CBD or cannabidiol have been extensively tested by various scientific studies indicating that this substance, present in the composition of Sativa Cannabis, has the following medicinal properties.
- Anticonvulsant properties
- It is effective against muscle spasticity
- Anxiolytic and antipsychotic
- Analgesic and anti-inflammatory
How to make cannabis olive oil rich in CBD?
Since the life of oil is limited, we recommend using small amounts and most important, keeping it in a tightly closed glass container and in a cool place.
To prepare the oil you will need...
- 5 Grams of Purple Orange CBD marijuana buds
- 50 Ml of organic olive oil
- 1 Glass container with lid
- a container vessel
- 1 colander
- 1 pot
Follow these simple steps...
- Half fill a saucepan with water and heat slowly over a low heat.
- Pour the olive oil into the saucepan and add the marijuana buds. Since water cannot exceed a temperature of 100 degrees Celsius, with this method you will ensure that the temperature of the cannabis does not exceed 150 degrees, which is the temperature at which some cannabinoids begin to evaporate.
- With the help of a wooden spatula, stir the cannabis flowers and mix with the oil.
- Leave the saucepan over a very low heat for an hour, stirring the contents occasionally.
- After 60 minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool.
- When the contents have cooled, place the saucepan in the refrigerator and leave to cool until the oil solidifies. In this way you will be able to easily separate this from the water, which will remain in liquid form.
- Once you have separated the oil, leave it outside the refrigerator at room temperature so that it returns to its liquid state.
- Finally, sieve the resulting oil through a fine sieve to remove the woody material.