- The usual fruit punch recipe, a Christmas classic, incorporates as basic ingredients water, juices and homemade syrup. By slightly modifying the process of elaboration, it is possible to add cannabis extract to the formula to increase the properties of this vitamin-rich beverage and provide us with an extra kick of energy. If in summer juices are understood as a quencher, in winter a warm punch will help us to combat the cold of December and the first months of the year. Besides, if we add a touch of cannabis in the form of oil, this drink will become an even better accompaniment for these holidays.
Punch is one of the most traditional Christmas drinks, leaving aside the usual toasts with champagne and wine. Punches made with fruit juice incorporate ingredients such as citrus fruits, syrup and different juices, but it is also possible to add another component to this already attractive formula: cannabis. The special properties of the plant will provide an unmistakable touch to this drink rich in vitamins and antioxidants that is usually taken warm to combat the characteristic cold of these days. In addition, its homemade elaboration will give us the perfect excuse to take refuge from the low temperatures in the kitchen and then share our recipe with our loved ones during a pleasant evening.
Try, as we usually recommend, not exceeding with the doses of cannabis extract, to avoid unpleasant effects. Although we specify below a quantity you can start with, you can always change the proportions once you have checked the effects of the initial recipe.
Let's start by collecting the raw materials for a good amount of punch.
Ingredients for the 'oleo saccharum' (mixture of citrus concentrate and sugar):
- The skin of four or six oranges
- A tablespoon of sugar
- A glass of lemon juice
Ingredients for the syrup:
- A glass of sugar
- A glass of water
- Four pepper grains
- A piece of ginger of about three centimetres, peeled and cut
- A cinnamon stick
- Two grains of star anise
- 15 milligrams of cannabis oil, such as that extracted with alcohol or absolute ethanol
Ingredients for the multi-fruit juice:
- 230 millilitres of orange juice (a whole glass and a quarter of another)
- 690 millilitres of pomegranate juice (three and a half glasses)
- 350 millilitres of pineapple juice (one whole glass and three quarters of another)
- 360 millilitres of black tea (one whole glass and three quarters of another)
- To prepare the 'oil saccharum', first peel the oranges and leave the minimum possible white part. Next, mash them together with the sugar and let them macerate for 30 minutes. Mix with the lemon juice and stir well. Finally, remove the skins from the oranges and reserve the liquid.
- To make the syrup, mix the sugar, water, peppercorns, ginger and anise in a saucepan. The ginger and anise will give a spicy touch to the drink so, if you prefer, you can do without these ingredients. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes to reduce its volume. Once removed from the fire, pour the contents into a bowl passing the liquid through a strainer or drainer in order to remove the solid parts.
- Place the resulting fluid in a blender or use a whisk and add the cannabis oil. Then blend until the mixture is homogeneous. Let it cool.
- Prepare the tea and let it cool a bit.
- Mix the orange, pomegranate and pineapple juices along with the tea in a large bowl.
- Start the blender or whisk and slowly pour the multi-fruit juice into the cannabis syrup. Mix everything for 30 seconds.
- Decrease the speed a bit and add the 'saccharum oil' preparation. Mix until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Serve the drink to your liking. You can put ice on it or take it warm. Enjoy!