- Today we present a recipe as delicious as it is useful, as cannabis butter can serve as the base for a range of other dishes, such as pastries, cookies, cakes, etc.
- It is, therefore, an essential element in cannabis cooking, enabling one to use marijuana not only for fun, but also as a medical resource, as ingesting it averts some of the negative health consequences entailed by other methods, such as combustion.
It is important to keep in mind that doses consumed in this way should be progressive. Compared to the consumption of cannabis via combustion or vaporisation, ingesting cannabis products means that the psychoactive effects take longer to be felt (between 30 and 60 minutes), which is why you should be especially cautious with the amounts you consume.
During the preparation of cannabutter decarboxylation occurs, which is simply the chemical reaction responsible for converting THCa (no psychoactive effects) into THC. To avoid a negative experience, when consuming this butter observe the following recommendations:
- Start by consuming small amounts to see how your body reacts, and with what intensity.
- Always follow the recipe and do not exceed the recommended amount of cannabis
- If you decide to invite others to eat, keep in mind that everybody reacts differently, and what one person can take might be too much for someone else.
- Be patient, as the psychoactive effects can take a while to kick in.
One of the advantages of cannabis butter is that once you have calibrated the amounts that are right for you, you can always repeat exactly the same recipe.
What do you need to make cannabutter?
While butter is a fatty food that should be consumed in moderation in a balanced diet, it also has important nutritional properties that make it a beneficial energy source if consumed prudently. Among other nutrients, butter is a source of vitamin D, which keeps our bones healthy and increases calcium absorption. As in many cases, the quality of the raw material is important, which is why we recommend that you prepare this recipe using organic and, if possible, artisanally-produced butter. Let's look at the ingredients that you will need:
- 1 litre of water
- 500 g of organic butter
- 10 g of Cheese CBD buds
How to prepare cannabutter
- Heat up the water in a medium-sized saucepan, over low heat.
- When the water is boiling add the previously-crushed marijuana buds and the butter. With this method you will ensure that the temperature the cannabis flowers are exposed to does not exceed 150 degrees, above which some cannabinoids begin to evaporate.
- Leave the saucepan on low heat for 60 minutes, occasionally stirring the marijuana and butter.
- After an hour remove the saucepan from the heat, filter the contents through a fine sieve to remove the lignocellulose, pour into a tray, and let the liquid cool.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator so that the butter solidifies and you can separate it from the water, which will remain in a liquid state.
- Once you have separated the water, leave the butter on the counter. When it softens and becomes more flexible, store it in a piece of Tupperware so that you can leave it in the refrigerator and use it whenever you like.