- Autumn entices us to stay home and enjoy relaxing moments in good company, looking out the window as the leaves on the trees turn brown, ochre and orange.
- However, if you are fond of collecting mushrooms, for you this season is probably synonymous with long walks in the mountains in search of this coveted treasure.
This is a hobby that is becoming more and more popular, as time outdoors and its exquisite rewards have spurred many "urbanites" to hunt for this delicious delicacy. Moreover, the culinary possibilities of mushrooms are many and varied, as they always add a touch of flavour that dazzles even the most discerning palates.
However, collecting them is not the only way to enjoy this prized culinary item. If you don't feel like plunging into the forest, you can always find a wide selection of seasonal mushrooms at markets ... but bring your wallet! This little delight does tend to be pricey (though it depends on the variety). If you have decided to head outside, on the other hand, remember that there are some basic rules that you must follow:
- Respect the environment: do not step on or damage the mushrooms you don´t pick
- Caution: there are some types of mushrooms that are poisonous, and some are even deadly, so before including any new variety in your basket, get fully informed. If you are a novice, we recommend that you go guided by someone with experience the first few times out.
- Cut the mushrooms at the bottom with a knife or razor. Never pull them out, as this destroys the mycelium (underground portion of the mushroom), which it is important to leave intact so that it can sprout again.
As always, today we propose a tasty and nutritious recipe with that special "green" ingredient that will add an exotic touch to your cooking. Remember that cannabis, through decarboxylation, takes on psychoactive properties. So, to avoid a bad experience, follow the recipe exactly and never overdo the recommended amounts of marijuana.
- 50 g arugula leaves
- 50 g lamb's lettuce
- 40 g assorted mushrooms (to taste)
- 3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 25 g pistachios
- 25 g pine nuts
- Juice of half a lemon
Ingredients for the cannabis vinaigrette
- Two tablespoons of Modena balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cannabis oil
- Step 1: clean the mushrooms carefully with plenty of water (but do not soak them) to remove any dirt that they may contain. Once they are clean, drizzle lemon juice on them.
- Step 2: slice the mushrooms into thin strips and sauté them in a skillet over low heat until all the water they release evaporates and they are lightly browned.
- Step 3: clean the arugula leaves and baby lettuce well before placing them in a glass bowl.
- Step 4: place the fresh mushrooms on top of the green leaves, and sprinkle chopped pistachios and pine nuts on everything.
- Step 5: pour the cannabis vinaigrette evenly over the salad, and mix all the ingredients.