- As we are about to end the hottest month of summer, today we have a recipe which will cool you down and is ideal for a well-deserved moment of relaxation.
- Marijuana ice cream is an unconventional idea that will delight those who love cannabis and have a sweet tooth.
Before we put on our aprons, here's a quick note about decarboxylation. Although the word is difficult to pronounce and seems very scientific, it is actually a process that you will be familiar with if you have ever heated or steamed cannabis, even if you weren't aware of it. Decarboxylation is simply the chemical reaction that turns THCA into THC through heat.
The difference between the two is that THCA loses its carbon group during the process and the result (THC) is a substance with psychoactive effects. If you want to experience that feeling of intoxication that marijuana provides as well as enjoying a new contrast of flavours, you should therefore heat the flower (e.g. by putting the marijuana buds in the oven for a few minutes) before making the ice cream.
That said, we just need to remind you to be as careful as ever when following these kinds of cannabis recipes, as exceeding the recommended amounts can lead to an unpleasant experience. Let's get started.
Ingredients of the marijuana ice cream:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 500 ml thick cream
- 75 g sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 g marijuana (Industrial Plant CBD)
- 2 tbsp rum
- 5 tbsp honey
- 2 bananas
Method to prepare the marijuana ice cream:
- Heat the thick cream in a pan until it is about to boil. Melt the butter in a separate pan on a low heat before finally adding the salt and sugar.
- Chop up the marijuana buds. Grind them and throw them in with the melted butter. Mix with the cream and whip the resulting mixture.
- Peel the bananas and mash them in a bowl until you get a thick paste.
- Add the whipped cream, rum and honey to the mashed bananas. You also can throw in any other ingredients you like, such as dried fruit.
- Put the mixture in a plastic container and cover with cling film. Place it in the freezer for a few hours until it has a doughy consistency.
- Take it out of the freezer and turn it out into a bowl that has been chilled beforehand.
- Whip the mixture until you get a really smooth texture. Put it back in the plastic container and place it in the freezer again.
- Keep the mixture in the freezer until it becomes firm. Take the ice cream out and put it in the fridge thirty minutes before serving.